Skip to content
- Turn-key, ground-ignition prescribed burning and burn plans including:
- Midstory-understory woody vegetation control.
- Site preparation.
- Habitat improvement, ecological restoration.
- Raven employs Texas State “Certified Prescribed Burn Managers”.
- Fire-line construction using Certified “Best Management Practices” operators.
- In-house fire trailer, radios, Nomex, ATVs, Mule, suppression water tanks etc.
Rotary Drum Mulching:
- Large-tract and/or high-density mechanical control utilizing:
- Skidder mounted, twin hydraulics, 8-foot rotary drum mulcher
- Small-tract and/or low density mechanical control utilizing:
- Skid-steer mounted hydraulic tree shear.
- Small-tract (to 20 acres), fence-line, etc. chemical control utilizing:
- Backpack and/or hand-held sprayers, injectors, hack and squirt.
- Mounted ATV, Mule, and/or tractor pulled tank sprayers.
- Large-tract prescriptions with subcontractor management and supervision.
Botanical Inventory, Classification and Restoration:
- Plant community inventory.
- Ecological classification.
- Non-native invasive species identification and eradication.
- Native species restoration, planning and implementation with tractor-mounted no-till seed drill
- Timber inventory.
- Timber valuation.
- Field data acquisition and data analysis with the most current field data recorders and cruising software.
- Casualty loss estimates and/or damage inspections.
Forest Management Plans:
- Turn-key even-age and uneven-age forest management plans.
- Turn-key timber sales: mark, tally, bid, contract management and supervision.
- Timber tax planning.
- Certification: Tree Farm certified inspector, SFI, and FSC.
GPS and GIS Mapping:
- Turn-key mapping and digital data collection / transfer for all Raven services.
- Custom landowner maps with aerial imagery, topography, soils, roads, etc.
- All GIS/GPS services utilizing:
- ArcGIS software.
- Trimble Geo-XT, sub-meter precision instrument.
- Trimble Geo-Explorer, one to three meter, high-precision instrument.
- Garmin five to fifteen meter precision instruments.
Reforestation and Aforestation:
- In-House small tract reforestation (to 20 acres).
- Large-tract subcontractor management and supervision (20+ acres).
- Site analysis and reforestation-aforestation planning.